Saturday 19 March 2016

Blaim

Blaim: verb. To blame oneself. This word was introduced into the English language at the same time as 'blame' and was intended, so that people wouldn't have to use the added word 'oneself' or 'myself', when they wanted to blame themselves, they could simply use blaim. Unfortunately what the creators of the words, two monks by the names of Jesse and Wilderhelm, didn't think of, was the fact that both words were pronounced exactly the same and thus hadn't solved the issue of having to use 'oneself' or 'myself' at all.

2 comments:

  1. i think the shortcut was intended for those who write.... not so much for a speaking person. which has body language to help with expression. Paper being the one in favor of extra support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need an example of usage ... In what sentence should blaim stand alone to imply my responsibility.
    (e.g. "I blame myself!" == "I blaim!"???)

    ReplyDelete