Wednesday 28 January 2015

Depandance

Depandance: noun. The state of being reliant on a panda for existence. To solidify their understanding of depandance, the creators of this blog Skype-called the famous linguist-biologist Rachel Cardaughter who, while stroking the head of a panda in Beijing zoo, explained "See these fleas? They are completely depandant. If the panda suddenly disappeared, they would die within twenty four hours. Now look at me. I am paid by the zoo to take care of the pandas. If the pandas suddenly disappeared, I would not die within twenty four hours. I would be sent to court and executed within perhaps one week. That is why I would be classified as semidepandant. My twenty year old son, however, would be classified as indepandant, as the disappearance of any panda would not cause his death."

As a side-note, we would like to thank Mrs Cardaughter for her heavenly bamboo cupcakes she sent over. At least that is what we think they were, given their green colour. It is sad that the rest of them were eaten by a giant purple dragon which broke in through the door soon after we had a couple of bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment