Sunday 13 July 2014

Antimemorial

Antimemorial: noun. A fancy construction designed in order to make people forget about a certain person or event. These constructions are usually deemed quite ineffective; for example the antimemorial to Guy Fawkes in the vicinity of the British parliament has become so counterproductive that the government decided to rename it to a memorial and hope nobody would notice.

Fragment 14:

"So what you're saying is" Herb said, "that instead of selling the waterman by himself, you are going to sell him in a den because that way you can mark him up more..."
"pulsh it!" Christina exclaimed in whisper; she wasn't quite sure whether to lament Herb's stupidity or to rejoice in the fact that he finally understood.
"So you are now going to buy a den to be able to stick a waterman inside it?"
"No!" Christina exclaimed emphatically "No, no, no! It just so happens that I am a pairess of such den (my dear friend Barry the Badger deceased a week ago) along with my dear cousin, whom I have gotten rid of to be able to claim the inheritance by myself."
"Gotten rid of?"
"Well she was getting on my nerves with all of her constant chicketting"
"Your cousin is a chicken?"
"I was being FIGURATIVE!"
"So what you are really saying is that you killed your cousin, want to dress me up as a badger and put yourself through the danger of being obliterated by the hambourgeoisie all because you want to sell the den of a dead badger with a waterman inside of it."
"Who will be marked up through the process."
"Good Lord!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment