Sunday 6 July 2014

Orbituary

Orbituary: noun. A document of one's death launched into space and attracted by the gravitational pull of an object that has a greater mass than itself. To be a proper orbituary, it has to be attracted to the extent that it begins revolving around the object without crashing into it or being released. A good orbituary goes in circles rather than squares, triangles or dodecahedrons. This circular motion is also preferable over an elliptical one simply because the universe favours symmetry. 

Fragment 13:

"You do realise, Christina, that what you're saying is completely ingermane, right?" Herb said, "After all, you yourself must know that denmarkets are reserved for selling dens and not for getting rid of fossilised watermen."
"Herb, how can you be so Jarjarian?" Christina sighed, "Of course I am perfectly aware of this and I am going to use it to my benefit."
Herb looked at her with an expression of an empty walletta.
"Herb, you obtuse orckid! I want to sell the waterman as a piece of FURNITURE!"
"Oh, well you could have just said that without unintelligibalising everything! Plus, the plan is stupid. Why don't you just sell it normally?"
"You really are having a slow day, aren't you? Alright, let me explain. If I sold the waterman by himself, I would not be able to mark the price up by much now, would I? But if I sold him as a prop in a den, I could mark him up by perhaps even double the price. Get it?"
"That's just stupid."
"No, you're just stupid and you're jealous of my financial understanding prowess." 

No comments:

Post a Comment